Smart Casual Wear for Women
One of the most popular ways of putting together a smart casual outfit is using the following items:
- Jeans You can find multiple brands of Jeans from this renown online retailer and their online shopping site allows you to search for jeans by fit, for example, low or regular waist, boot leg, skinny jeans, cigarette jeans, cropped jeans etc.
- Heels: If you are one who enjoys colour coordinating their wardrobe, we recommend designing your own pair of shoes to match with your season’s outfits.
By designing your own shoe you will be able to customise the shoe to your liking, so for example you can choose the best heel height, colour, material & embellishment. Shoes of Prey are a reliable company and their shoes cost between €129 (approx. £110) to €289 (approx £246), they take 5 weeks to deliver by courier and you have 365 days to return. Worthwhile in our opinion! They also have a gallery of ready designed shoes if you are lost for ideas.
- Jersey Jacket: Dorothy Perkins have some trendy affordable jackets. including bomber jackets, leather jackets (faux leather), faux fur jackets, blazer jackets and more. Or try out M&Co’s collection of quality jackets at reasonable prices. If you are looking for smart women suits then try out Planet or Precis Petite if you have a petite figure (they specialise in petite figures in size 6 to 18).
- Blouse/shirt/top: Again Bonprix have some feminine blouses, tops and shirts at great prices however if you want better quality then M&Co too have a lovely collection of tops, blouses and shirts for professional women at affordable prices. If you are petite you are best off checking out the Precis Petite collection as they exclusively design their clothes to enhance the 5ft 3 figure.
- Hair: Fancy a different look? Try Hothair’s wide selection of hair extensions, wigs and hair pieces. Long pony tail on Tuesday, a thick fringe for Friday, you can change your hair as often as your mind! Hothair is one of the UK’s leading hair providers and if you are lost for ideas be sure to follow them on Pinterest!
- Sunglasses: Fashion Eyewear is a must have for a fashionable, professional women. Fashion Eyewear is one of the UK’s most trusted eyewear store offering the latest in fashion eyewear styles and if you require prescription sunglasses you will be happy to hear they strive to offer the best eye care protection from their qualified opticians.
To summarise, the smart casual look is made up of a mix of smart and casual wear such as a pair of dark denim jeans, a shirt, blouse or top, a stylish pair of high heels with a matching handbag. One cannot go wrong with the smart casual look and as Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld would say “There are some things which never go out of Fashion. Jeans, a white shirt, and a Chanel Jacket.” We could not agree more! Watch “the jacket” video below.
Still not convinced? Need some more examples of the smart casual dress code? For more detailed examples of how to dress smart casual for example with trousers, with dresses etc, please see our smart casual dress code for women post.